More Google Whimsy

Regular readers know about my Google whimsy (here, here, and here).

Prompted by a correspondence with a new friend, I realized that for certain, very distinguished people, there is another number one can associate with ego-surfing on Google.

This number I call your Google Coverage, and is a percentage.

The name of my lovely wife, Dorit Harverd, when entered into Google, returns 33 entries. 31 of them are about her. Her Google Coverage is 94% (31 out of 33 as a percentage).

For many mere mortals Google Coverage is beyond calculation. My name, entered as a search term in Google (no quote marks, remember), returns over 23 million entries. It is just not possible to inspect each entry to know which are about me.

Talking about my wife... Dorit asked me last night what some of the posts have to do with VC (Venture Cycling) or VC (Venture Capital). That my initial response was a guffaw makes me realize that I do tend to meander. However, in my defense, I believe that the best VCs (and the best VCs) are curious and opinionated and so you will get these digressions from time to time.

A more considered response is that I am a venture cyclist because of Hazon, and so you will get posts about bikes, food, vision and Jewish topics on a regular basis. The other stuff I put down to being a venture capitalist.

While you can, and if you haven't, please go ahead and sponsor Hannah or me for the Hazon 2006 New York Bike ride.

Technorati:

No comments: