A Great Vision, a Good Cause

The reason I am blogging at all is because I am cycling, and the reason I am cycling is because of the Hazon bike rides.

Hazon, as I have written before, is the Hebrew word for "vision". Hazon's vision is for a healthier and more sustainable Jewish community as a step towards a healthier and more sustainable world for all. I am chair of the Board of Directors of Hazon, and it is an organization dear to my heart.

At the end of the summer I will be cycling, with my daughter Hannah, in the 2007 Hazon New York Jewish Environmental ride. This is a 120 mile ride over two days and as my postings about training this year have shown, even though I ride a recumbent bike, I am not taking this challenge lying down (sorry).

The bike ride is important for two reasons. It provides a mechanism for Jews to be physically challenged in an inspiring way. Jews are not often the most athletic of groups, and Jewish frameworks for such challenges are few and far between. Secondly, the bike ride brings a whole community of supporters behind environmental projects which impact the entire Jewish community as their ripple effects are felt.

This is all pre-amble to ask you to sponsor me for this year's ride. Please be as generous as you can. You can click here read about the groups supported by the ride proceeds.

For all of these reasons, I have signed up for a really big fundraising goal - to raise $18,000 - so I really need all the help I can get.

Please sponsor me at http://hazon.kintera.org/2007nyride/rmd.
If you prefer to sponsor my daughter Hannah, please visit: http://hazon.kintera.org/2007nyride/hannahadale.

No comments: