Don't eat here

On the internet, no-one knows you're a dog ... except that in the blogosphere, if your business behaves like or appears to be an ass, well everyone gets to know that.

I was sitting with a friend earlier in the week, in the lobby of the Parker Meridien Hotel in Manhattan. I had a Starbucks drink (my favorite), and was noshing on some coffee cake. A very nice gentleman came over and said although I was welcome to drink while sitting in the lobby I was not allowed to eat while sitting in the lobby.

NOT ALLOWED TO EAT WHILE SITTING IN THE LOBBY!?#@

For Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fans, I am reminded of the moment when Ford Prefect asked the Vogon guard whether he gets job satisfaction from throwing people out of airlocks.

Think about whether you can stand the discipline before you decide to stay at the Parker Meridien.

Technorati:

No comments: