Facebook vs LinkedIn

Apropos one of my recent postings, I found myself sending this note to a professional acquaintance this morning:

I saw your Facebook friend invite ... I hope you are not offended that I do not connect... I really am keeping facebook links only to friends with whom I have an ongoing close relationship. If we are not already connected on LinkedIn where I maintain my professional network I would be happy to connect there.

I guess the specific situation tells me all I need to know about my true feelings of these two networks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard! Funny how you find old friends, which I suppose would qualify me for that post on Facebook, but now I'm afraid to even try :). How did I find you? John Halamka's new blog where you commented. In any event, greetings yet again. And check out what Nova Spivack is up to these days.