A little humor ... and bad Starbucks news

Starting off with the bad news: my favorite Starbucks is closing (despite my protests) in a week or two. I guess I will have to start frequenting Pie Cafe (nothing will get me regularly into the other Starbucks, or the Petes ... sorry).

Here are a couple of humorous items I have been saving up (with a tip of the hat to my step-father Michael Lewin, for a couple of these).

An updated version of Abbott and Costello's Who's on First is doing the rounds ... all about buying a new computer ... and don't call me Mac.

A few new definitions in this new economic climate:
P/E RATIO -- The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the market keeps crashing.
BROKER -- What my broker has made me.
STANDARD & POOR -- Your life in a nutshell.
INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR -- Past year investor who's now locked up in a nuthouse.
PROFIT -- An archaic word no longer in use.

... and on the same note ... next week's Economist cover (thanks Guy!):


My daughter Hannah, sometimes (like many Hannah's I am sure) called Hannah Banana, is actually fond of said fruit, and will let us know that when there is only one left.


Finally, two fun tee-shirts I saw for sale on Venice Beach this summer.


No comments: